Monday, June 12, 2006

The great cockroach escapade

Ok. I love all of God's creatures. Fuzzy kittens, cute little ducks, whatever. I cannot, however, conjure up any sort of love for the cockroach. Last night, for example, I returned home from watching "X-3" and going to a cafe. It was peaceful, I turned on the TV to see what was on the English channels, etc. I was just about to go upstairs to my room when I saw it. There was an evil Godzilla-sized cockroach scampering across MY floor. I must admit...Ahem...that even though the Godzilla-cockroach was about 1000th of my size, I was scared out of my mind. Yes, scared. The first thought out of my mind was not to kill it (that followed a millisecond later), but to run upstairs and to hide in my room. Which of course I did. My hope was that it would scurry into someone else's apartment. After about five minutes, however, I realized it was rather foolish to hide in my room when the humongous beast of a cockroach was having a party downstairs in my kitchen. Gathering courage and turning on all the lights I could find, I headed downstairs to meet my opponent. I'm sure I was saying Philippians 4:13 over and over in my head to help bolster my flagging spirits.

The first thought of attack I had was to grab one of the big 1940s books that adorned my bookshelves. This was not to whack it, by the way--that would put me much too close to the beast. Instead, I was thinking of throwing it at the roach. (No good--what if I missed and my weapon was in the hands of the enemy?) I wisely, however, looked in the bathroom to see if previous missionaries had left some roach spray. They did!

Since my kitchen is the size of a regular-sized bathroom in the States (much more effective!), I tried the "random spray around the floor" method. This did nothing. I jiggled the door against the trash can. Presto! My enemy was in sight. I sprayed the Godzilla roach, and NOTHING happened--it just ran faster. So, I decided the "Spray until I inflict pain" method would be more reasonable. Thus, the Godzilla roach finally met its end. I can't say I felt sorry.

Actually, I was really scared to put the roach in the trash--and after the whole drama was over, I was shaking all over. My knees were shaking, my hands were shaking, etc. I also, by the way, had a nightmare about a cockroach infestation in my FL apartment!

3 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Toph© said...

Those little buggers are next to impossible to kill. They're fast, too. When I worked at the OfficeMax next door to Casa Bonita, we had enormous cockroaches that lived in the men's bathroom... you'd go wash your hands after using the facilities and there would be this huge antennas sticking out of the drain hole... it was disgusting.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When do we get more updates? :)

Cindy

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Volvo c70 key 4 of july lingerie order vicodin online Humidifier steam distribution nozzle Lewisatmax bmw motorcycle Imitrex and butalbital Nexium agonist Hardcore nude teen girls powerball Cheap domain names mail fowarding Pilates shanghai china Retirement planning free retirement poem retirement 411 4 Real money bonuses baccarat downloads http://www.running-3.info car seat covers for dogs what is paxil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home