Scenes from daily life
The two pictures below are from the open air market by my house. There are all sorts of vendors, and they sell food. Some of them prepare little meals or snacks--although they don't really seem sanitary. I don't know how many times I've seen stray cats crawling all over their stoves at night!


The facade of this European-style church is the most famous sight in Macau. This church was build hundreds of years ago by the Portuguese when they first settled Macau. Portugal didn't actually own Macau, by the way, they rented it cheaply from China. Hong Kong, on the other hand, was actually part of England's domain.

The women that you see that look American are; a rare sight in Macau. They are from a PLI group from the States (pastors and their families tour mission areas to gain info to take back to their congregations to spread mission involvement)
These boys were returning home from school when I snagged them and asked them for a picture. When I say I "asked" them for a picture I really mean "acted out" :)

Acting out the questions I have is part of my daily speech now, much to the amusement of the locals, I'm sure! Yesterday I spent about five minutes acting out the need to purchase fruit wash. It was all for naught, though, because when my audience figured out what I meant, the answer turned out to be "no".
These boys have uniforms from one of the many Catholic schools in the area.

1 Comments:
Ann!! Those little boys are cutie pies!! My aunt used mission part time in Papua New Guinea, she was part of the PLI group. Looks like you're having a fabulous time. Can't wait to hear your stories when you get home!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home